Balance Treatment Programs are leading the way in comprehensive mental health care. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals, their families and members of their larger communities by addressing the issues that are preventing growth. We strive to ensure our programs remain responsive to the demands of the nation-wide and global challenges in mental health care. Our programs provide an intensive evidence-based approach to treatment. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and are dedicated to maintaining the utmost level of integrity in our programs. We value a strong and passionate team, able to share their diverse contributions. We support an environment for growth that is inspiring, warm, collaborative, ethical and professional.
We are currently seeking an LVN to work in our licensed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center. Our Residential facility serves adults (age 18 and older) on a voluntary basis for primary mental health issues. Our LVN will be working with our clients and their families. Experience in mental health at the residential level of care is preferred, but not required; will train the right candidate. We operate on an alternate work week schedule of 12-hour shifts. Free parking and competitive benefits package available including a 401K with employer match up to 4%. We are a strongly connected staff committed to each other and our own well-being.
- Maintain the well-being of clients and the integrity of the program.
- Collect and report performance improvement data as directed by the DON.
- Monitor medication process.
- Accept and transcribe phone orders from physicians.
- Assign and supervise the technician staff.
- Conduct admission and ongoing assessment of client condition.
- Take vital signs.
- Maintain nursing supplies and over-the-counter medication supplies.
- Conduct complete nursing documentation audits.
- Conduct and complete documentation of shift report.
- Complete medication counts as required.
- Complete patient rounds.
- Attend facility outings with clients.
- Maintain all documentation in appropriate and timely manner as required.
- Attend and complete all in-service training and educational workshops.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain knowledge of and act in accordance with Balance Treatment Center mission and philosophy.
- Maintain knowledge of and act in accordance with current legal standards pertaining to professional practice, reporting requirements, professional boundaries, and related issues.
- Demonstrate respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff.
- Current California LVN license. One year experience preferred, but not required; we will train the right candidate. Experience in the mental health field, substance abuse field, or a residential healthcare facility preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal and/or company vehicle on Balance Treatment Center business.
- Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Able to sit at desk, use keyboard, write and physically perform other job duties. Able to move about the facility to observe clients and staff.
- Must be customer-service driven.
- Specific qualifications may vary based on assignment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a fair and inclusive work place.
Competitive benefits program and strong potential for growth.
We strive to provide our team a chance to learn, a chance to teach, a chance to listen, a chance to serve, a chance to work for and to witness victories.
Helping everyone grow!