Balance Treatment Programs are leading the way in comprehensive mental health care. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals, their families and members of their larger communities by addressing the issues that are preventing growth. We strive to ensure our programs remain responsive to the demands of the nation-wide and global challenges in mental health care. Our programs provide an intensive evidence-based approach to treatment. We are accredited by the Joint Commission and are dedicated to maintaining the utmost level of integrity in our programs. We value a strong and passionate team, able to share their diverse contributions. We support an environment for growth that is inspiring, warm, collaborative, ethical and professional.
We are currently seeking an Admissions Specialist who will be responsible for assisting the admissions process for all of the programs and treatment options offered by Balance Treatment Center in a manner to ensure that the expectations of the customer are exceeded and that client census is managed properly. Experience in mental health is preferred, but not required. We will train the right candidate. Free parking and competitive benefits package available including 401K with employer match up to 4%. We are a strongly connected staff committed to each other and our own well-being.
- Maintain the well-being of clients and the integrity of the program.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge and provide detailed information about the various programs and services the company provides in order to be able to best serve all client needs.
- Responsible for taking all inbound telephone calls promptly and responding to all leads promptly.
- Collect and verify appropriate information on all clients and properly record information.
- Use exceptional customer service skills when handling all telephone calls, whether talking with a potential client, family member of client, or professional referral source.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients and proprietary information. Maintain clear understanding of HIPAA rules and ensure compliance throughout the department.
- Serve as a liaison and point of contact for the client and their family during the admissions process.
- Ensure client understands level of care that will be provided.
- Review cost and review private payment options with clients who do not have insurance or who have insurance that is not accepted by the treatment center.
- Build relationships with professionals and referral sources to keep avenues of communication open for inbound clients.
- Contact clients by phone to confirm appointments or cancellations
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the company parameters. Ensure a culture driven by strong customer service.
- Maintain logs and data bases for utilization management, fiscal management, care coordination activities and performance improvement measures.
- Maintain appropriate and timely documentation as required.
- Communicate as identified per policy to clinical and administrative team throughout authorization process.
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend and complete all in-service training and educational workshops.
- Maintain knowledge of and act in accordance with Balance Treatment Center mission and philosophy.
- Maintain knowledge of and act in accordance with current legal standards pertaining to professional practice, reporting requirements, professional boundaries, and related issues.
- Demonstrate respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in mental health customer service is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Must have knowledge of insurance verification and pre-certification procedures.
- Must have solid understanding of mental health care setting.
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, time and data management as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and components and compile spreadsheet data.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Requires travel between centers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal and/or company vehicle on Balance Treatment Center business.
- Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Able to sit at desk, use keyboard, write and physically perform other job duties. Able to move about the facility to observe clients and staff.
- Must be customer-service driven.
- Specific qualifications may vary based on assignment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a fair and inclusive work place.
Competitive benefits program and strong potential for growth.
We strive to provide our team a chance to learn, a chance to teach, a chance to listen, a chance to serve, a chance to work for and to witness victories.
Helping everyone grow!