Balance Treatment Programs are leading the way in comprehensive mental health care. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals, their families and members of their larger communities by addressing the issues that are preventing growth. We strive to ensure our programs remain responsive to the demands of the nation-wide and global challenges in mental health care. Our programs provide an intensive evidence-based approach to treatment. We are accredited by the Joint Commission and are dedicated to maintaining the utmost level of integrity in our programs. We value a strong and passionate team, able to share their diverse contributions. We support an environment for growth that is inspiring, warm, collaborative, ethical and professional.
We are currently seeking a Mental Health Technician to work in our licensed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center. Our Residential facility serves adults (age 18 and older) on a voluntary basis for primary mental health issues. Our Mental Health Technician will be working with our clients and their families providing client supervision and staff/unit support. Experience in mental health at the residential level of care is preferred. Free parking and competitive benefits package available including a 401K with employer match up to 4%. We are a strongly connected staff committed to each other and our own well-being.
- Maintain the well-being of clients and the integrity of the program.
- Complete admission/intake procedures for new clients including all paperwork, room assignments, and initial orientation.
- Conduct property searches of clients as required by program standards.
- Perform initial urinalysis of clients as required.
- Perform medication call supervision as required.
- Provide transportation services including client transportation, agency errands, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility in all client and staff areas and of company vehicles.
- Ensure all client and staff areas are fully supplied and stocked.
- Assist clients with meals, cleaning, activities.
- Attend facility outings with clients.
- Maintain knowledge of mental health, dual diagnosis, family systems as well as various recovery resources in the community.
- Develop and maintain individualized records of client progress and participation in treatment including admission and discharge, individual, group, family, vocational training and other occasions as appropriate.
- Write clear and concise statements summarizing clients’ feelings, expressions, resistance and response to their treatment plan, goals and objectives.
- Confront behavioral changes, properly identify a crisis, and recognize when additional assistance is necessary.
- Recognize personal recovery issues that have an impact on job performance and interactions with clients.
- Understand and maintain policies regarding professional ethics, including appropriate boundaries and client confidentiality.
- Prepare for and facilitate specialty programs/groups.
- Communicate clearly with clients, staff, peers, supervisors and non-Balance Treatment Center resources.
- Maintain all documentation in appropriate and timely manner as required.
- Attend and complete all in-service training and educational workshops.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain knowledge of and act in accordance with Balance Treatment Center mission and philosophy.
- Maintain knowledge of and act in accordance with current legal standards pertaining to professional practice, reporting requirements, professional boundaries, and related issues.
- Demonstrate respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff.
- High school diploma or equivalency. One year of experience preferred in the mental health or substance abuse field or educational progress towards degree in a mental health or substance abuse field.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal and/or company vehicle on Balance Treatment Center business.
- Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Able to sit at desk, use keyboard, write and physically perform other job duties. Able to move about the facility to observe clients and staff.
- Must be customer-service driven.
- Specific qualifications may vary based on assignment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a fair and inclusive work place.
Competitive benefits program and strong potential for growth.
We strive to provide our team a chance to learn, a chance to teach, a chance to listen, a chance to serve, a chance to work for and to witness victories.
Helping everyone grow!